- “Always Buy the Rental Car Insurance” (personal essay), The Billfold, May 2017
- “Direct Hits” series (1,2) (personal essays), The Flyover, launched 2016 (ongoing)
- “Ghosts of White Christmases Past” (personal essay,) The Flyover, December 2015
- “Remembering ‘Ed,’ 15 Years Later” (TV review), The Flyover, October 2015
- “The Freedom of the Bus Stop” (personal essay), The Flyover, October 2015
- “Every City is a City of Neighborhoods” (commentary), The Flyover, September 2015
- “The Women of Woodburn” (business), HER Cincinnati, December 2012
- “5 Financial Strategies for Women” (business), Women’s Focus, March 2011
- “Where are Wichita’s Shopping Districts?” (commentary/analysis), verb[ICT], December 2009
- Coverage of the murder of Dr. George Tiller, Wichita Eagle, May 2009 (Kansas Press Club award recipient)
- “One-Man Crew” (human interest), Naked City, November 2008
- “Alumni at Work” (profile of Jim VandeHei, cofounder of Politico), UW Oshkosh Magazine, February 2007
Coming soon. Examples of press releases, copy-editing projects, technical documents, etc. available upon request.
- I wrote a bunch of articles for sites like LiveStrong.com, eHow.com and typeF.com (now defunct) under a pen name between 2009 and 2011 as a contractor for Demand Media. You can check out these pieces via the links above if you really want to know what weird health and business topics people were Googling back in 2010.